CKV: Kansas State University Rhapsody

Celebrating Kansas Voices is a website devoted to telling Kansas history through individual experience. It allows Kansans to document and share stories and histories with the masses, and is a great way to archive the past.

For this assignment, I used iMovie to create a video for CKV.

image

Using iMovie has always seemed a little daunting to me, but I found that even without the assigned parameters that iMovie trailer gives you, this app is easy to use, and the end result turns out looking professional.

I found creating a video for the Celebrating Kansas Voices website to be very challenging because I did not grow up in Kansas, and neither did my family, so my resources were limited. Keeping this in mind, I would make an assignment like this extra credit in my classroom because it is easier for some than it is for others.

In the end, I made my video about an inaugural event I took part in at Kansas state. Here is the end result:

Overall, I am content with how my video turned out, and I believe that iMovie can be very easily embedded into a curriculum. Students could use it to make composer or musician projects, or to create promo videos for the program to put on social media. Given how easy it is to use this application, the possibilities are endless.